tirsdag den 28. oktober 2014

October

Hey everyone!!

October is almost over too, how time flies by when you are having fun. And yes, I am having fun, the school has yet not killed my social life. I have talked to many from back that are curious about how the weather this time of the year in Alabama, and I can tell you that it is still summer, according to Danish standards. We are having sun and around 20 degrees celsius (70 degrees fahrenheit) every day, I must admit that the night temperature is another story though. Of course if you ask the local they will call this cold, especially if you ask Alex and Cassidy ;)
I have also reached the point where it no longer feel unfamiliar to walk around, I have finally reached the point where I feel like this is my home. I don't know if I'm just talking gibberish: But it is no longer strange for me to walk around campus and look at all the buildings, it is normal, it is a part of my everyday life.

So what has happened in my life since my last update?
No major life changing experiences, but it has not been all boring everyday life either. 
I went to the baby shower a couple of weeks ago. I must admit that it is not as fun and exciting as you have seen in movies, but there was good food, and you never say no to free food! 
Either way, it was nice to meet some of Cristina's family members, and I'm also looking forward to spending christmas with them this year. 


Last weekend we went on a spontaneous trip to Panama City Beach. We decided to go friday at 1, and left the same day at 5. Because of the spontaneity did we not have enough time to reserve everything in good time before and could only rent the car until sunday morning. So we slept there for that one night and headed back home the next evening. But we still took advantage of our one night in Panama City Beach, and went to the biggest club, of course it was off season and therefore only 30+ who had got TOO much to drink. Let's just say that some of us are scared for life ;). But after our minor failed night out we went to bed, because we also had to be out before 10. The next day we went to the beach after dropping the guys off at Buffalo Wild Wings, since they had to watch a "very" important soccer game (Barcelona vs. Real Madrid). At the beach we meet up with Anna's cousin and some of his Fraternity brothers and their dates. I can tell you they all had one big party at that beach and I don't really think any of them were sober. Of course I had to be sober since I was the driver, which actually was okay with me. It was nice to spend a day at the beach it has been a long time and when the weather is good everyday, you kinda wish that there was a beach close by. I also got a chance to work a little more on my tan, yes people; I'm slowly looking like the rest of family Rasmussen!! 

Today I signed up for classes for next semester. Not an easy task when you are in the last group who gets to sign up for classes. Luckily for me, was there only one of my classes that I couldn't get. So for next semester I'm gonna have: Culture in media, Language in culture and society, Legal environment of business, Introduction to Philosophy, and Self defense for women.


I have begun counting the days until Thanksgiving, since I have not really had holiday since I arrived here, and I can tell you that from today there is 25 days to fall break. I kinda miss the danish fall break in the end middle of October. Of course I also miss going on holiday with my family, and I can not imagine how weird it is gonna be spending christmas without them, it probably won't even feel like real christmas, without; skiing, christmas food, dancing around the tree singing lame danish christmas songs, and being with my family.


In case there is someone from back home who were doubting this: I MISS ALL OF YOU!!! It has after all almost been 3 months since I have seen all of you, and that has of course left is mark. And yes mom, I do miss all of you and also both Søren and Casper, no matter how annoying they can be, no doubt about that. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar