torsdag den 2. oktober 2014

September

Hey everybody
So yet another month has already passed, and wauw does time fly by. I know I haven't posted anything in such a long time, so to update you all on this past month, I have decided to squeeze it all into one post. 

Football season started in the beginning of September and Troy kinda sucks (Kinda is actually a nice way to put it). We have played five games and lost all of them. At the first homegame we lost 17-34 to Duke (Duke University, North Carolina), but I'm proud to say that I survived the whole game, which was about 3,5 hours. 


Even though Troy University isn't the best when it comes to football, I still like the game. But I have found it more interesting and better, when you are sitting inside with Air Condition, a soft chair and a cold drink in my hand.

I have also slowly been introduced to baseball, we haven't had any games yet though. According to two of my roommates (Alex and Cassidy, mostly Alex); Troy doesn't suck as much at baseball, and we actually have a okay team, so I'm looking forward to the baseball season in the next semester. But first I need to learn the rules, so I don't look like an idiot.  
This picture is from the other day when it was one part of the trojans vs. the other part of the trojans.  


I have also gone on my second trip with the four trips for forty offer. The trip went to Destin Beach in Florida. That is 3,5 hours away in a shitty school bus with 15 cm of leg space (not made for long legs, I must say). But anyways, it was nice to see the sea again! We were forced to stay at a mall for three hours before we could head to the beach, since it was only Lewin and I who wanted to go directly to the beach. So after three hours and a new pair of jeans, we went to the beach. It was so lovely at the beach, just to lie in the sun and swim in the water, where the water was hot and the waves dragged you around.


And homecoming is coming up too, that is in next weekend (October 11th) which means that Troy will finally stop being ghost town (since we haven't had any homegames in a while), because people are coming back for the game and the big celebration that comes along with homecoming. Also, I'm the geek and proud Dane who is gonna carry the Danish flag in the international parade on the field.

A couple of weeks ago Cassidy (one of my beloved roommates) dragged all the four of us to the doctors office I found this amazing news in the local news paper. Apparently there is a paint job somewhere in Troy, which just had to make the front page.


This weekend I'm going to Dothan where Anna and I also have been invited to Cristina's cousins babyshower. So that is gonna be exciting since they are some of the people I'm gonna spend christmas with. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar